Delight your taste buds with, Charisse Yu’s delicious twist on Pancit Canton in our Philips Pasta Maker! This recipe offers a carrot based pasta, to make a tasty dish, a bit healthier! Combine assortment of veggies with our suggested sauces, and sauté to perfection!
Servings :4 servings, Preparation time :10 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- CARROT PASTA FOR PANCIT CANTON
- 2 cups all purpose
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup carrot juice
- CANTON RECIPE
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 lb cooked carrot spaghetti
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 scallions, sliced thin
- Carrot Pasta
- 1. Open lid of Philips Pasta maker, add flour
- 2. Place the egg and carrot juice in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- 3. Press start and slowly pour liquid into opening on lid.
- 4. After 3 minutes spaghetti will begin streaming out of holes.
- 5. Cut spaghetti into desired length.
- 6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp salt. Add spaghetti into the pot and cook for 3-4 min or until al dente.
- Pancit Canton
- In pan set to medium heat, add in sesame oil. Saute onions, carrots, celery, peppers and garlic, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add salt
- Pour in stock, oyster sauce, and soy sauce, stir well until combined. Simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and sauce has reduced.
- Add in pasta, snow peas and cabbage. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until pasta has absorbed the sauce.
- Finish with scallions and cilantro. For a touch of sweetness you can add 2 tbsp of coconut aminos or thai chili sauce at the end! Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- This recipe was created using the Philips Pasta Maker