Enjoy fried pickles in the Philips Airfryer XXL with less fat. Crispy, juicy and flavorful air fryer delights. HD9650
Servings 6, Preparation time 30 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 6 whole dill pickles, sliced ¬ inch thick or cut into spears
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of Panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp of yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1. Place pickle slices or spears between two paper towels to dry off excess moisture.
- 2. Mix flour and cornstarch together. In separate bowl mix buttermilk and lemon juice together. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture to create a batter.
- 3. Mix remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- 4. Dip pickles into the batter mixture first and then place in the Panko mixture. Use a spoon to cover the pickle with Panko and then place in the Airfryer basket. Repeat for remaining pickles.
- 5. Fry pickles at 400? for 15 minutes. Serve with ranch, blue cheese or your favorite dipping sauce.
- This recipe was made using the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630). If making in another version of the Philips Airfryer, use half of the ingredients or cook multiple batches.