Disk cannot be written because it is WRITE PROTECTED
Published on 2017-02-28
This problem is caused by internal flash corruption of the player. You may recover the player by using the repair function of the Device manager version 1.4.x or above.
- Download the Device Manager version 1.4.x from the Philips support site into a temp folder of your PC.
- Uninstall the existing Device Manager and then reinstall the new Device Manager.
- Restart your PC after installation
- Launch Device Manager on your PC at Start>Programs>Philips Digital Audio Player>SA2xxx>Philips SA2xxx Device Manager>Philips Device Manager.
- Make sure that you have a fresh battery inserted in your player.
- Connect your player to the PC via the USB port
- Select the Repair tab and then click REPAIR
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the recovery of the player.
- Disconnect the player from PC and restart.
Now try again and reconnect the player to PC.
- Software and Firmware (1)
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.