I cannot connect my Philips Shaver to the GroomTribe App
The following troubleshooting articles will assist you in resolving common issues when connecting your phone to your Philips Shaver that is compatible with the GroomTribe App. The S7000 series and latest models of the S9000 series shavers are compatible with the GroomTribe App.
Phone is too far away from the shaver
- Make sure your phone is not further than 3 meters away from the shaver. Connectivity issues will occur if your phone is not within 3 meters.
Using incorrect Bluetooth version
- GroomTribe App compatible shavers use Bluetooth version 4.1 or higher. If you have the correct Bluetooth version, try turning it off through your phone settings, then turn it back on. Ensure the shaver is turned on and then try pairing your phone with the shaver again.
Operating system update
- An update to your phone’s operating system can result in connectivity issues. To resolve this issue, reset the connection between the shaver and the app by following the steps below:
1. Unpair shaver: Press the on/off button on your shaver for 10 seconds to disconnect it from the app. When your shaver is successfully unpaired, the Bluetooth symbol on the shaver will appear.
2. Unpair phone: Go to ‘settings’ on your phone and select Bluetooth. Then select the shaver S7/S9 and select ‘forget’ or ‘un-pair’.
3. For Android phones, ensure to enable location permissions or nearby devices permissions.
4. If you still experience connecting issues, try a hard reset. Press the on/off button on your shaver for 30 seconds.
Now you should be able to pair your shaver again with your phone. Turn your shaver on to activate Bluetooth while pairing. Open the app and follow the instructions to start the pairing process. It may take up to two minutes for the connection to establish.
Note: These instructions may differ per smartphone. Please check your phone manual for more information.
Using a different phone
- You may experience pairing issues if you have changed your phone, or if your shaver was previously connected to a different phone. We suggest you unpair your phone and try reconnecting to your shaver as explained in the section above. If you have tried the advice above and are still unable to solve this problem, then please contact us for further support.