If you’re looking for a delicious, meatless meal you’ve come to the right place! This air-fried tofu fried rice recipe is a healthier alternative to regular fried rice when you make it in your Airfryer!
Servings 4, Preparation time 55 mins (including 30 minute marinate time), Cooking time: 8 mins
- 14 oz package of extra firm tofu
- 6 oz package of Vegan Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour or brown rice four
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Drain and press the tofu to remove excess moisture and water.
- 2. Mix together the marinade ingredients and place into an airtight container.
- 3. Once the tofu has been pressed to remove excess water, cut it into small cubes and place into the marinade. It can be marinated for 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- 4. Drain the marinated tofu, keeping the extra marinade to make a sauce with.
- 5. Mix together the ingredients for the crust. Sprinkle the crust mixture over the drained, marinated tofu and gently toss to coat the tofu.
- 6. Preheat the Airfryer to 360°F. Place the coated tofu cubes into the air fryer basket and cook for 6-8 minutes, shaking at the midway point and cooking until crispy.
- 7. While the tofu is in the Airfryer, place the extra marinade into a small saucepan, adding chopped green onions, and bring to a slow boil. Once you reach a slow boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the crispy air-fried tofu is done.
- 8. When the tofu is done, transfer them into a bowl and pour some of the marinade over the tofu cubes to coat them.
- 9. Place the air-fried tofu cubes over vegan fried rice and enjoy!
- This recipe was made using the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630, HD9650, HD9654).