Check out Catherine’s tasty Grilled Brined Pork Chops with Grilled Apples and Sauerkraut dish, made with our Philips Indoor Smoke-less Grill. This dish is a great recipe for any dinner party or perfect to share with the family!
Servings :4, Preparation time :10 minutes plus overnight for brining, Cooking time: 16 minutes
- 4 Pork Loin Chops
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp peppercorns
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 handfuls ice
- 2 Gala or Fuji Apples, cored and sliced ** should look like donuts, if needed, rub apples with lemon to keep from browning if preparing ahead of time**
- Sauerkraut of choice
- 1. Place the salt, brown sugar, bay leaf, rosemary, peppercorns, and hot water in a large bowl or dish stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar. Add ice cubes to cool mixture.
- 2. Add the pork into the brine.
- 3. Cover the dish and allow to brine for 12-24 hours in refrigerator.
- 4. Cook brined pork chops on Philips Indoor Smokeless Grill for about 8 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of pork reaches 140 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- 5. While the pork is resting, grill apples for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fork tender.
- 6. Serve grilled pork with grilled apples and fresh sauerkraut.