Find out how to prepare Risotto Balls
Servings 9 persons, Preparation time 30 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2/3 cup risotto rice
- 8 oz. chicken stock
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 slices of stale white bread
- 1 egg
- Heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a thick-bottom pan and sauté the shallot. Add the mushrooms and fry until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in the rice grains and fry until they shine. Add the stock and slow boil the rice until ready in twenty minutes.
- Mix the cheese and parsley through the risotto and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the risotto to cool down and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Grind the bread into fine crumbs in the food processor and mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Continue to stir until it regains a loose crumb consistency. Pour the crumbs in a deep dish.
- Beat the eggs in another deep dish.
- Shape the risotto into walnut-sized balls. Coat the balls in the beaten egg and then in the bread crumbs. Preheat the airfryer to 390°F. Put 8 to 10 balls in the basket and slide the basket into the airfryer. Set the timer to 5 minutes and bake the risotto balls until golden brown. Bake the rest of the balls in the same manner. Serve the risotto balls in a platter with red or green pesto.