How to lubricate the brew group of my Philips Espresso Machine
Published on 07 March 2023
Regular lubricating your Philips Espresso Machine’s brew group guarantee that the mechanical parts move smoothly. Find below information on how to lubricate the brew group and how often. The support video will guide you through the necessary steps.
- Section Attachment PDF file, published 2023-03-07
Lubricate the brew group
Follow the instructions below which brew group parts need to be greased:
- Switch OFF your Philips Espresso Machine
- Remove the brew group out of the machine and rinse it under a tap with lukewarm water. Let it air-dry
- Apply a thin layer of grease on the piston of the brew group
- Apply a thin layer of grease around the shaft located on the bottom of the brew group
- Apply a thin layer of grease to the rails on both sides.
Depending on the usage of your espresso machine, see below advised frequencies:
- If you brew 1 to 5 coffees a day, lubricate every 4 months
- If you brew 6 to 10 coffees a day, lubricate every 2 months
- If you brew more than 10 coffees a day, lubricate once a month