Rated 4 out of
Awesome machine, but some issues with it
I purchased a refurbished one last year. Worked flawless for a year, then broke. It is in warranty repair now. I wanted to purchase another, so I found this brand new one for real bargain, couldn't resist since I would not have a machine when my refurb is in shop! The new one has a few quirks. sometimes, the milk frother spits and sputters instead of a flow of milk. Does this about 1 in 50 beverages. Another one (this happened on my refub one too) is that a strange taste and odor from the espresso pull, kind of like machine oil. Happens maybe 1 in 30 drinks. I am still trying to run this down to figure out the issue.
Other than the above, the machine is really awesome. Fully automated cappuccinos with the best foam!!! I have read about issues with beverages not being hot, but if you adjust the settings for the drink, you will see that there is a temp setting that makes it just perfect!
I would recommend this product.
Date published: 2015-11-11
Rated 4 out of
Good machine, but has some issues.
Overall, a good machine - but for the (significant) price paid it ought to have been better in my opinion.
The milk temperature for latte's is way too low - I have to put my drink in the microwave for 20 seconds after brewing it.
The Milk carafe takes a HUGE amount of force to put in place / remove. This does not bode well for longevity. I keep expecting it to break each time I have to apply so much force.
The internal drip tray is far to small / fills up far too quickly so that you have to interrupt your drink-making part way through in order to empty the tray and fininsh your (by now cooler than ever) drink.
When the machine goes into standby mode, it comes back out as the default user instead of as the user that used the machine 10 minutes ago - so this leads to an unnecessary amount of button pressing to reselect the user.
Date published: 2013-10-10
Rated 2 out of
Quit working after 5 months! I am so disappointed!
So off the top, I took a LOT of studying before buying and finally decided to take the leap and bought this machine at Costco for our family Xmas present. The fingerprint id thing never worked, but I didn't really care, we just programmed each of us as a user. Once you get it all set up, it looks great, weighs a ton, and the espressos tasted okay, never great.
1. for some reason it constantly drops grounds in the bottom right corner, they get into everything down in that area, so I was costantly pulling out the brew group and grounds drawer and then cleaning out the spills with a brush. - I contribute this to poor design, the grounds drawer just can't catch stuff in that corner.
2. the fingerprint thing - waste, never worked
3. the water pitcher resevoir is never REALLY big enough, would be better to come with an area where it could be hooked up to water supply. Can make about 4 cappacinos before running out.
4. the milk pitcher frother - never very hot and constantly needed to be cleaned or is would smell bad. (so the idea of just putting the leftover milk in the pitcher in the fridge rarely kept) AND it too, is VERY small.
5. cleaning and maintenance - is TOO frequent, takes FOREVER to go through all the sequences and you have to be RIGHT there to press buttons over and over.
6. durability - I have no idea what happened to it this morning, but suddenly the part of the machine that adds hot water to the coffee for brewing is stuck, clogged, not sure. But it won't add water there. (only in the milk frother part does it work fine) IT just keeps saying to ADD water, then it tries to heat and run its coffee brewing cycle, then there is a LOUD click and it resets and says add water. It wouldn't ever turn off, I finally unplugged it.
7. I CLEAN this machine ENDLESSLY every day to keep it nice. I would spend 15 minutes every morning making sure every detail of it was READY to go before starting my first cup. The whole premise of buying a machine this expensive was to have a 1 button push cup of cappaccino in the morning. NO WAY! This machine tires you out, it's NOT easy.
Overall, while impressive to look at with impressive options, the taste and ease of use weren't worth the ipressive price. Sorry.
Date published: 2013-05-10
Rated 4 out of
MAKES EXCELLENT EXPRESSO, CAPPUNICO, I MEAN EXCELLENT
HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD, LOVE THIS MACHINE, MAKES ALL MY COFFFEE DRINKS WITH EASE, AND LITTLE FULL. ONLY DRAW BACKS ARE SMALL DRIP TRAY AND WILL NOT FIT UNDER STANDARD SIZE CABINETS AND SO MAKES IT DIFFICULE TO ADD WATER & COFFEE. NOT THAT BIG A DEAL
Date published: 2012-06-18
Rated 5 out of
State of the Art
Give it a second look, you will never go back to regular looking coffee makers
Date published: 2011-12-13