To ensure a nutritious plant-based diet, it’s important to replace animal protein with healthy alternatives. Here are a few tasty dishes to try at home:
Spinach and beetroot with vegan spaghetti salad
Vibrant and rich in iron, this vegan spaghetti salad is as fresh as they come.
Ingredients for the salad (2 portions):
- 9 cups baby spinach
- 1 large, cooked beetroot
- 1 cucumber
- 3-4 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp. dried mulberries
- 2 tbsp. mixed kernels or seeds, such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and soybeans
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp. soy yogurt (natural)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sweet mustard
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Wash and dry the spinach. Wash, peel and slice the cucumber, before slicing the beetroot into small sticks.
- Place everything on a plate and top with pomegranate seeds, kernels and mulberries.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over your freshly prepared salad, before setting this aside.
- Combine your freshly made pasta with your spinach, cucumber and beetroot salad.