- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup sieved tomato sauce
To make the spaghetti:
1. Bring some salted water to a boil
2. In a skillet, heat some oil and then add the onion, celery and carrot. Fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree and rosemary.
3. Add the sieved tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
4. Cook the pasta for 5-6 minutes. Drain and serve, then add a generous ladle of sauce. Sprinkle with basil and cheese to taste.