Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast with Savory Herb Stuffing
Enjoy the perfect barbeque all year round with the bacon wrapped turkey breast with savory herb stuffing when you use the Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill Rotisserie Attachment.
For the Brine:
2 quarts ice cold water
1/3 cup Kosher salt
1/4 cup white sugar
2 skinless, boneless turkey breasts
For the Herb Stuffing:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion (about 1 small onion)
1/3 cup finely chopped celery (about 1 small stalk)
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
3 cups roughly chopped bread
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
24 slices bacon (about 1 1/2 pounds)
To make the brine:
1. Combine water, salt, and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to dissolve. Submerge turkey breasts in brine and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
To make the stuffing:
1. While turkey is brining, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. When foaming subsides, add in sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add in onions, celery, and apple and cook until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Place sausage mixture in a large bowl along with cornbread, chicken stock, sage, 1 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Mix to thoroughly combine.
3. Create a bacon weave by laying 6 strip of bacon out horizontally side by side. Interlace 6 more pieces of bacon vertically with horizontal bacon, as you would making a lattice-top pie. Repeat with remaining 12 slices of bacon to make a second weave.
4. Remove turkey breasts from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Butterfly turkey breasts open and pound out to a square of even thickness. Lay each breast on one bacon weave. Spread half of the stuffing in an even thickness over each of the breasts, leaving about 1/2 an inch edge with no stuffing. Roll tightly into a cylinder with bacon on the outside. Wrap turkey rolls tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to firm up, about 1 hour to overnight.