Cilantro Cacio e Pepe
Cilantro infused spaghetti tossed in butter, parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
Servings 4 servings, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 1 lb fresh spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1//2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. In a blender, add 1/3 cup of water and 1/3 cup of cilantro. Blend until smooth, and use this to measure out the liquid needed for the pasta maker.
- 2. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 3 minutes. Reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- 3. In a medium saucepan, melt your butter under a medium-low flame. Whisk in the pasta water and add the black pepper Bring to a simmer.
- 4. Add the pasta, then the romano cheese, and then the parmesan cheese. Toss everything together making sure all of the pasta is evenly coated.
- 5. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- This recipe was made using the Philips Pasta Maker.
- Recipe created by chicanoeats.com