Grilled Brined Pork Chops with Grilled Apples and Sauerkraut
Check out Catherine’s tasty Grilled Brined Pork Chops with Grilled Apples and Sauerkraut dish, made with our Philips Indoor Smoke-less Grill. This dish is a great recipe for any dinner party or perfect to share with the family!
Servings:4,Preparation time:10 minutes plus overnight for brining,Cooking time:16 minutes
4 Pork Loin Chops
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp peppercorns
2 cups hot water
2 handfuls ice
2 Gala or Fuji Apples, cored and sliced ** should look like donuts, if needed, rub apples with lemon to keep from browning if preparing ahead of time**
Sauerkraut of choice
1. Place the salt, brown sugar, bay leaf, rosemary, peppercorns, and hot water in a large bowl or dish stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar. Add ice cubes to cool mixture.
2. Add the pork into the brine.
3. Cover the dish and allow to brine for 12-24 hours in refrigerator.
4. Cook brined pork chops on Philips Indoor Smokeless Grill for about 8 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of pork reaches 140 degrees with a meat thermometer.
5. While the pork is resting, grill apples for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fork tender.
6. Serve grilled pork with grilled apples and fresh sauerkraut.
This recipe was made using the Philips Indoor Smokeless Grill