Easy Roasted Poblano Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
Fresh fettuccine pasta with a creamy roasted poblano alfredo sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh fettucine pasta
- 1. Start by roasting the poblano pepper. Place the pepper on a small baking sheet and broil on high for 6 minutes on each side. Place in a plastic bag and let sit for 10 minutes, once the pepper has cooled, remove the waxy skin, stems and seeds, and place it in a blender. Pour in the milk, and blend until smooth.
- 2. To make the alfredo, heat up the butter, then add the poblano/milk mixture, heavy cream, salt, cheese, and black pepper in a saucepan over medium low heat just until the sauce comes to a simmer, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 3. While the sauce cooks, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Slice the chicken breasts in half, and season them with salt and pepper and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side. Add the fresh pasta to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4. Toss the cooked pasta in the alfredo sauce and serve with chicken.