Weeknight Smoky Chipotle Ragu & Spaghetti
Spaghetti with a hearty, smoky chipotle pork ragu.
Servings 6, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs fresh spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb ground pork
- 28 oz tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. In a large pot or dutch oven, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil under a medium-low flame.
- 2. Add the chopped onion, shredded carrot, and chopped cilantro, and sauté for about 6 minutes, until the onions become translucent. Mix in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Add the pork and brown, for about 8 minutes.
- 4. While the pork is browning pour the tomato puree, garlic cloves, chipotle pepper, and oregano. Blend until smooth, then pour into the dutch oven.
- 5. Whisk in the red wine, then turn the flame up to medium and bring to a simmer.
- 6. Once the sauce has come to a simmer, whisk in the Worcestershire sauce, then the parmesan cheese.
- 7. Place the lid on your dutch oven, lower the flame to low, and let your sauce cook for 30 more minutes.
- 8. Taste for salt and add black pepper to taste.
- 9. While the sauce cools, bring a small pot of water to a boil, add the fresh pasta, and cook for 3 minutes. Serve with ragu and parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was made using the Philips Pasta Maker.
- Recipe created by chicanoeats.com