Deliciously Sweet & Spicy Mussels homemade in the Airfryer XXL, the only Airfryer that reduces and captures excess fat, so you can enjoy a healthier meal without sacrificing taste.
Servings 4, Cooking time: 12 – 15 minutes
- 2 pounds Blue Mussels
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Full Fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Scallion chopped
- 1 ea Fresh Persian Lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1. Run mussels under cold water.
- 2. Use a clean scrubbing brush to rub off any debris & remove "hairy" beards.
- 3. Lightly tap any mussels with open shells. Discard any that don't close.
- 4. Combine ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- 5. Then toss mussels with half the sauce.
- 6. Place the mussels in the Philips Airfryer basket.
- 7. Cook at 390 F for 5 - 7 minutes, tossing halfway through, until mussels are opened.
- 8. Remove mussels and toss in reserved sauce.
- Tip: For best results, work in 2 batches. The second batch may cook quicker than the first batch since the AirFryer is preheated!
- This recipe was created using the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630). If making in another version of the Philips Airfryer, use half of the ingredients or cook multiple batches.