If your Royal model differs from the described below one, please consult the user manual for the correct instructions.
1) Remove the Cappuccinatore from the steam/hot water wand. To perform the descaling cycle, follow the steps below:
2) Select the “MAINTENANCE” option in the machine menu.
3) Select “DESCALING” and confirm with the ESPRESSO button.
4) Press the ESPRESSO button to confirm.
5) Remove the water tank and the “INTENZA+” water filter (if any). Pour the entire content of the Saeco concentrated descaling solution into the water tank and then fill the tank with fresh drinking water up to the level indicated by the CAL CLEAN icon. Press the ESPRESSO button.
6) Drain any liquids from the drip tray and place it back into the machine. Press the ESPRESSO button.
7) Place a large container (1.5 lt) under both the steam/hot water wand and the dispensing spout. Press the ESPRESSO button.
8) The machine will start dispensing the descaling solution at regular intervals. The bar on the display shows the cycle progress.