If your Royal model differs from the described below one, please consult the user manual for the correct instructions.
1) Remove the Cappuccinatore from the steam/hot water wand. To perform the descaling cycle, follow the steps below:
2) Select the “MAINTENANCE” option in the machine menu.
3) Select “DESCALING” and confirm with the ESPRESSO button.
4) Press the ESPRESSO button to confirm.
5) Remove the water tank and the “INTENZA+” water filter (if any). Pour the entire content of the Saeco concentrated descaling solution into the water tank and then fill the tank with fresh drinking water up to the level indicated by the CAL CLEAN icon. Press the ESPRESSO button.
6) Drain any liquids from the drip tray and place it back into the machine. Press the ESPRESSO button.
7) Place a large container (1.5 lt) under both the steam/hot water wand and the dispensing spout. Press the ESPRESSO button.
8) The machine will start dispensing the descaling solution at regular intervals. The bar on the display shows the cycle progress.
Descale instructions - rinsing cycle steps 9-16
9) The message indicates the end of the first step. The water tank needs to be rinsed. Fill the water tank with fresh water up to the MAX level. Press the ESPRESSO button.
10) Empty the drip tray and place it back, then press the ESRPESSO button.
11) Empty the container and place it back under the dispensing spout and the hot water/steam wand. Press the ESPRESSO button.
12) The rinse cycle is activated. The bar shows the cycle progress.
13) When the amount of water needed for the rinse cycle has been completely dispensed, the machine automatically ends the descaling process by showing this display after a short warm-up phase.
14) Remove and empty the container.
15) Place the “INTENZA+” water filter (if any) back into the water tank.
16) The descaling cycle is now complete.
Did the solution help solve the issue? If not, contact us for further assistance.