There are few possibilities why the remote control will not operate the TV. Follow these instructions to determine the cause.
If you experience this phenomenon while the TV is starting up.
- When you turn on the TV either from the power button or mains socket outlet or from standby, the LED will flash for about 20-25 seconds. This time is required for the TV to load the software necessary for it operation.
- During this period when a splash screen (Blue screen with PHILIPS logo) is displayed on the screen, the TV will not respond to the remote control or the local control buttons.
- When the picture appears on the screen, the TV will only respond to 6 function keys on the remote control, which are volume +/-, channel +/-, mute and standby keys, for the next 10-15 seconds.
- You have to wait until the LED stops flashing before all keys can be used.
If the remote control stop working after extended use.
If the remote receiver (LED) on the TV does not blink when you press the buttons on the remote control;
Ensure that you remove all possible sources of interference.
- Switch off all bright light such as florescent light, overhead light or lighting device, which can interfere with the remote control signal.
- Some electronic devices are known to cause interference, it is recommended to switch off any external devices operating near the TV.
If the TV is still not responding, follow these steps to check if the remote control is working:
- Randomly test some functions of the remote control. If the TV does not respond, the remote control may be low in battery power and you need to replace the battery.
- Ensure that the battery of the remote control is inserted according to the illustration inside the battery compartment.
- After replacing the battery, randomly test some functions of the remote control.
If the TV is still not responding, use a mobile phone with camera function or a digital camera to confirm if the remote control is working.
- Observe the emitter on the front of the remote control through a digital camera (or the camera of a mobile phone).
- Now press any button on the remote control.
- If you see a red light flashing indicate that the remote control is working. The TV may be defective.
- If not, the remote control may be defective and need replacement.
Please contact the Philips Consumer Care centre for further assistance or to find more information related to this issue. You can find the contact details on the Consumer Support page.
Make sure you have the model number and the product number at hand when you call us. You find these numbers on the sticker at the side/back of your device.