A sweet, hand-made take on a traditional favorite whether it’s for breakfast, snack or dessert. Air fry for a healthy and tasty treat!
Servings 12, Preparation time 10 minutes , Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 1 recipe pie dough, recipe linked below
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- 6 strawberries, stemmed and sliced water
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, defrosted
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough to 0.25 inch thick. Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out about 6 shapes. Repeat with next piece of pie dough.
- 2. Place one circle on a floured surface and place a heaping teaspoon of strawberry jam in the center. Use a spoon to spread the filling almost to the edges. Lightly dip your finger into water and rub the edge of the dough shape with the water. Top with a second circle and lightly press the edges with the tines of a fork together to seal. Repeat with the remaining shapes and filling.
- 3. Place the tarts in air fryer basket and air fry at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Place the defrosted strawberries in a sieve over a bowl and press to extract juice.
- 5. Add the powdered sugar to the juice and stir to thicken, adding more powdered sugar if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- 6. Drizzle cooled hand pies with pink icing.
- This recipe was created using the Philips Airfryer XXL in partnership with Catherine McCord from Weelicious.