Delicious mushroom soup made with the Philips hand blender. Prepare all your favorite recipes at the touch of a button.
- 500 mL (2 c) water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 g (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 250 mL (1 c) cream
- 500 g (1 lb) white button mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 100 g (4 oz) pancetta, chopped
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Fresh parsley
- 1. Make a roux by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. When butter is melted, add flour while whisking over medium low heat for a few minutes until roux becomes shiny and consistency of paste.
- 2. Sweat the mushrooms in a pan with a little butter.
- 3. Add the cream, nutmeg and bouillon to pan with mushrooms. Simmer over low heat until heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour the hot soup over the cooled roux and blend.
- 5. Fry the pancetta in a skillet and add to the soup.
- 6. Garnish with a drizzle of cream and some parsley.
Chef’s tip: The nutmeg enhances the mushrooms and brings out a delicious, deep mushroom flavor.