1) Have your smart phone with the Sonicare app open on the ““Brush”” tab. Place it within arms reach so you can see it while brushing. This can be on the counter, or you can hold it in your hands. It's up to you!
2) Prepare your toothbrush with toothpaste
3) Place your toothbrush in the upper right segment of your mouth, and switch it on. For accurate data, remember to start in the top right and follow the guidance!
- Note, in order for the location sensor to work effectively, limit the amount of movement during brushing. For best results, avoid walking or moving around - limited head movement is okay.
4) Follow the guided brushing on the screen. It will guide you to spend 20 seconds in each segment of your mouth for total of 2 minutes for clean mode, after which the toothbrush will switch off automatically. Your toothbrush will also stutter every 20 seconds so you know when to switch to the next segment.
Note, in order for the location sensor to detect where you are, you should remain in the identified segment the app that is shown on the screen. If not, your results data may not be accurate.
5) if you have missed any areas in your mouth while brushing, you will see it indicated at the end of your session. You will need to turn back on your handle within 10 seconds. This is called the ““TouchUp”” feature, which will let you know which areas you have missed and will guide you to complete 20 additional seconds in those areas.