Check your firmware version by selecting SETTINGS from the root menu and then select Information->FW ver. If your firmware version is the same as the latest version posted on the support site at http://www.philips.com/support then there is NO need to update the firmware. However, if you do not have the latest version, please follow the steps below.
1) Connect the Player to your PC.
2) Launch the Philips Device Manager at Start-> Programs-> Philips Digital Audio Player-> SA52xx-> Philips SA52xx Device Manager-> Philips Device Manager on your PC. If you do not have this program installed yet, install it from the by-packed CD or download it from http://www.philips.com/support.
- Make sure all other applications such as Philips Device plug-in, Rhapsody Media Player or Windows Explorer that can access the device are closed or else the Device Manager will not recognize the device.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
3) The Philips Device Manager will detect the connection of your Player. The application will automatically check on the Internet to see if an update is available and prompt you to download the updated firmware. Click YES to start the download.
4) Follow on screen instructions to complete the firmware upgrade.
- Please do not disconnect the Player during the upgrading process as this interruption may damage the firmware!
5) Close all opened application and then unplug your Player when the upgrade is finished. The player starts automatically and Updating appears on the display for a couple of seconds, and then start up as usual.
If Updating appears on the display for more than 2 minutes, do a soft reset by using a pin or sharp object to press the reset button until the device shutdowns, and then switch on the device again.