- First, wash the cut leeks in a bowl of water to remove any excess dirt.
- After straining through a colander, place the leeks in a large pan with a little olive oil and the chopped onions. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Cook the scallions for around 5 minutes over a medium heat, then add the vegetable broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, before reducing the heat and simmering for around 15 minutes.
- he spinach will cook in around 1 minute, so add this ingredient last.
- Finally, using a blender, purée your mixture into a texture of your choosing. For a thinner soup, simply add more broth or a little water.