Carrot Spaghetti with Blistered Cherry Tomato Sauce
Enjoy this fast and easy vegetarian Carrot Spaghetti with Blistered Cherry Tomato Sauce pasta dish with the Philips Pasta Maker. It mixes, kneads and extrudes for you.
Servings 2, Preparation time 15 min, Cooking time: 8 min
- 2 cups all purpose or semolina flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup carrot juice
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- optional: grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Open lid of Philips Pasta maker, add flour and select volume 1.
- 2. Place the egg and carrot juice in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- 3. Press start and slowly pour liquid into opening on lid.
- 4. After 3 minutes spaghetti will begin streaming out of holes.
- 5. Cut spaghetti into desired length.
- 6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp salt. Add spaghetti into the pot and cook for 3-4 min or until al dente.
- 7. While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- 8. Heat the oil for 30 seconds, add the chopped garlic, cherry tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt stirring until the tomatoes start to soften and blister, about 4 minutes.
- 9. Drain the pasta, divide between two plates and top with chopped basil and parmesan if desired.
- This recipe was created using the Philips Avance Pasta Maker. Recipe created by Catherine McCord of Weelicious.