Who doesn’t love avocado toast? It tastes even better when you make it in the Philips Smoke-less Grill!
Servings10,Preparation time7 mins,Cooking time:16 mins
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 slices whole wheat sliced bread
3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut in half
2 (1/4-inch) slices yellow onion
1 jalapeno, cut in half and seeded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Turn the knob to the “on” position.
2. In a bowl mash avocado and lemon juice.
3. Place bread slices onto the heated grill and cook for 2 minutes per side or until toasted and crispy. Remove bread and cool. Spread avocado mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice.
4. Brush tomatoes, onion and jalapeno with olive oil. Place onto the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Remove vegetables to a cutting board, cool for 10 minutes, then cut to fit into a food processor. Add salt and pulse until roughly chopped.
5. Top each avocado toast with tomato mixture, then garnish with cilantro. Cut each slice into 4 squares.
This recipe was created using the Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill (HD6371/94).