Traditionally a fried favorite, enjoy Tempura Shrimp in the Airfryer XXL, the healthiest way to fry, for crispy on the outside and consistently even on the inside results without sacrificing taste.
Servings 4, Cooking time: 12 – 15 minutes
- 1 lb White Pacific Shrimp medium size
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Peppercorn
- 2 large Whole Egg
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs, Panko
- Olive Oil, to coat
- Prepare ingredients:
- 1. Peel & devein shrimp.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt and pepper.
- 3. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow dish.
- 4. Add panko to a third shallow dish.
- 5. Holding each shrimp by the tail, dredge shrimp in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- 6. Dip into egg & then coat with panko.
- 7. Brush/spray lightly with oil.
- 8. Place shrimp in Philips Airfryer basket.
- 9. Cook at 400 F for 6 - 8 minutes, tossing halfway through, until golden.
- Tip: For best results, work in 2 batches. The second batch may cook quicker than the first batch since the AirFryer is preheated!
- This recipe was created using the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630). If making in another version of the Philips Airfryer, use half of the ingredients or cook multiple batches.