If your audio equipment does not have SPDIF here are two alternatives:
- If your source has R/W audio out jacks connect it directly to your audio equipment.
- You can also purchase a ¼ to 2 RCA Y cable. Plug the single end into headphone jack on the side of TV and match the red and white cables up to the input on your audio equipment
If your audio equipment has a SPDIF input, follow the connection below:
- Unplug the TV and audio equipment before you make any connection.
- Use a RCA audio cable(1), connect one end to the ‘AUDIO OUT/DIGITAL’ coaxial output on the back of the TV.
- Connect the other end to the digital coaxial input of the audio equipment.
- Turn on the TV and select a program.
- Switch on the audio equipment and select the input to which the TV is connected.
- Adjust the volume on the audio equipment to hear the sound from the audio equipment loudspeakers.
- If you do not wish to hear the sound from the TV, press the volume down button on the remote control to turn the TV's volume down.
Note: The TV does not have audio L/R cinch output connections.