If the remote receiver (LED) on the TV does not blink when you press the buttons on the remote control;
Ensure that you remove all possible sources of interference.
1) Switch off all bright light such as florescent light, overhead light or lighting device, which can interfere with the remote control signal.
2) Some electronic devices are known to cause interference, it is recommended to switch off any external devices operating near the TV.
If the TV is still not responding, follow these steps to check if the remote control is working:
1) Randomly test some functions of the remote control. If the TV does not respond, the remote control may be low in battery power and you need to replace the battery.
2) Ensure that the battery of the remote control is inserted according to the illustration inside the battery compartment.
3) After replacing the battery, randomly test some functions of the remote control.
If the TV is still not responding, use a mobile phone with camera function or a digital camera to confirm the remote control is working.
1) Observe the emitter on the front of the remote control through a digital camera (or the camera of a mobile phone).
2) Now press any button on the remote control.
3) If you see a red light flashing indicate that the remote control is working. The TV may be defective.
4) If not, the remote control may be defective and needs replacement.
Please contact the Philips Consumer Care center for further assistance or to find more information related to this issue. You can find the contact details on the Consumer Support page.
Make sure you have the model number and the product number at hand when you call us. You find these numbers on the sticker at the side/back of your device.