Use basic TV on your Philips Google TVIf you choose basic TV when you set up your Philips Google TV, you can:
- Finish setup faster
- Use your device without a Google Account
- Use your device without an internet connection
- Without an internet connection, your device won’t be able to use streaming services.
- Without an internet connection, your device won’t be able to get important security updates.
What you can do in basic TV
- Watch TV through your cable service, satellite, TV tuner, or antenna with the TV app
- Play media from other inputs plugged into the TV
- Use a limited set of apps that come pre-installed on your device (IF you have connected your TV to the internet)
- Use services and features that require you to sign in to your Google Account
- Access your Play Library
- Install apps
- Use the Assistant to search for content
- Cast content from another device