If the issue with your remote is only 1 button or a few buttons, for example, the number 9 button does not work, the issue is almost certainly the remote. Call us and we can replace your remote free of charge (if you are in warranty) or direct you to where to purchase a replacement remote (if you are out of warranty).
If you lost the remote or the remote was damaged by a pet or child, call us and we can direct you to where to purchase a replacement remote.
If you are having issues with the TV not responding to ANY commands from the remote control, either all the time or intermittently, please follow these steps:
- Remove the battery cover and batteries and verify that the batteries are inserted correctly.
- If the batteries are not correctly inserted, insert them correctly and try the remote again.
- If the batteries are inserted correctly, try a fresh pair of batteries.
- If the batteries are fresh and the TV is still not responding to the remote, make certain that nothing is blocking the bottom front of the TV, where the IR sensor is housed. You may also want to check that there are no other electronic devices close to the bottom front of the TV, as emissions from other devices can interfere with the IR signal of the remote.
- If nothing helps, the next step is to ascertain if the issue is with the remote itself or the TV. To do this, we will use a cell phone camera, which can render the IR signal from a remote visible to the naked eye.
- Place the remote on a table or counter and activate the camera on your cell phone.
- Aim the camera at the front of the remote and depress any button on the remote.
- You will see a flashing light is the remote is working correctly.
- If you do not see any light, the remote may be defective and may need to be replaced. Call or chat with us to arrange a replacement. You can call 833.978.3323 or chat via the links found at https://www.usa.philips.com/c-w/support-home.html
- If you do see a flashing light, the issue may be in the TV and further troubleshooting will be required. Call or chat with us and we will be happy to assist.