How do I use my phone as a remote for my Philips Google TV?
Published on 2022-06-24
You can use the Google TV app on your Android phone as the remote to navigate your Google TV. Simply go to the Android store and download the Google TV app to your Android phone.
NOTE: Google only makes the Google TV app available for Android phones in select countries. At this time iOS is not supported.
With the virtual remote, you can:
- Navigate the TV Screen
- Control media playback
- Turn the TV on or off
- Activate the Google Assistant
- Change the volume
- Enter text to perform searches or login information
How do I setup the Google TV app to be a virtual remote on my Philips Google TV?
- On your Android phone, open the Google TV app
- Near the bottom right, tap “Remote”
- At the top, tap “Scanning for devices”
- Choose your device
- To complete pairing, follow the instructions on your phone and TV
- After pairing, you can use either your phone or the TV remote to control the television
How do I troubleshoot issues with the Google TV app virtual remote on my Philips Google TV?
Check your Wi-Fi connection
- The phone and TV must be on the same Wi-Fi network
- To check or change the connection on your television:
- Press the Home button on the TV remote
- Navigate to the upper right of the screen until you have selected the Google account profile icon
- In the popup menu that appears, navigate to “Settings” and select it by pressing “OK”
- Navigate down to “Network & Internet” and select it by pressing OK
- Confirm that Wi-Fi is turned on and that the television is connected to the correct network
- If necessary, connect to the correct network
- If necessary, enter the correct password
- To check or change the Wi-Fi connection on your Android phone:
- On the phone, select the “Settings” app
- To find your network or choose a different network, tap “Network & Internet” and then tap “Wi-Fi”